Medical mediation may provide for an effective resolution of your disputes. If you are a physician, a practice manager or if you legally represent a medical center, then you should definitely opt for mediation for the resolution of your dispute.
Mediation offers a fast, low cost and effective dispute resolution tool where confidentiality is the dominant principle.
Let’s see what are the benefits of medical mediation:
For the medical center:
- Medical disputes are quickly resolved without unnecessary delays that may cost you in time and money. You can save in monetary cost, as well in non-monetary cost. This means you preserve the good reputation of your medical center and your clientele as well.
- Mediation may save you money that you can invest in a productive manner. You can save the litigation money and improve your medical facilities instead. You may invest in medical equipment or hire more staff to meet your needs.
- It is very common for a medical dispute to attract publicity, especially a negative one. By mediating your dispute, you get to protect your business from negative publicity. The mediation procedure and the outcome are protected by confidentiality. On the contrary, in litigation you lose this benefit.
For the medical staff:
- Speed. Medical disputes can be quickly resolved without unnecessary Court delays that usually tend to increase the whole cost. By opting for mediation, you may also avoid the psychological cost as well, having for example to defend yourself before Court. In most cases litigation may take years and the outcome may be uncertain. The sooner you reach an agreement the sooner you will leave the past behind. What greater for a benefit than moving on and focusing again on your practice?
- Personal relationships. Mediation may help you resolve your disputes and also protect your personal relationships. For example, the doctor – patient relationship is a unique one which is structured on the patient’s trust on his/her doctor. By mediating your dispute, you choose to preserve and safeguard this relationship.
- Confidentiality. It is not rare for a medical dispute to attract unnecessary publicity. Sensitive personal data then come out in the open and privacy is disrupted. Mediation gives you the opportunity to maintain your privacy and resolve at the same time your dispute under strict confidentiality. Litigation will not offer you this advantage in any case.
If you want to learn more about mediation and have a firsthand experience, then you should contact startADR® in order to get all the necessary information you need and resolve your dispute fast and effectively!